Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sunnyside Saturday

I don't know if you heard, but we just had a heat wave here in New York City.  Actually, I hear it was all over the Eastern Seaboard.  I wouldn't know.  I just know that whether I was in our apartment or outside, I was pant, pant, panting.  Faith says she's trying to get some of those boxes people put in their windows to cool things down, but they won't arrive for a couple more weeks. Thankfully, the heat ended on Thursday, and now we go out walking and there's a nice cool breeze!

This morning, we're just waiting for Danny Kang to wake up (he's four years old and spent the night last night, so his Mama could get a little rest -- she's got a bad spring cold -- and his Apa could go dancing) and then we're heading out to the opening day of Sunnyside Greenmarket.  Last year we did this every Saturday morning.  I really enjoyed it, because there are lots of other dogs to sniff, some to growl at, and Faith seems to just love picking out giant bouquets of leafy greens.

Happy Saturday to you!  I hope you can spend it like I do -- living in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment