Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Disgusted!

Well, I was going to post this myself, after what George told me on our walk today, but I see he wrote about it in his note* to Faith, so here's the story:

"The weather was actually very nice for a long walk.  Hiked down Greenpoint Avenue to the shores of Brooklyn.  I told Madge about the history of pollution of the Newtown Creek, and pointed out the waste treatment facilities and oil refinement that leaked into the ground for several decades.  Madge was disgusted!  It was cold and windy, but the sun was hot and Madge was very happy and energetic.  --George"

And let me tell you, George read my expression perfectly!  Pollution is a real bummer.  Also, I did have lots of fun -- long walks are the best!

*George and Lesley leave Faith notes on how things went on our walks.  While I'm just happy writing keeps them in the apartment a little longer, the notes seem to make Faith smile a lot at the end of what seems to recently be pretty tiring and hard days.

No comments:

Post a Comment