Monday, January 17, 2011

I Have New Friends!

I have always enjoyed looking out of the window of our home.  When Faith first brought me back from Lafayette, Colorado to her home in Denver, she spent the first couple of days at home with me.  The third night she went to something she called Book Club and put me in a roomy tent-like container, zipped up the top, and walked out the door.

Little did she know that I was smart enough to unzip anything you throw my way.  I had no interest in destroying anything in the apartment; I just couldn't see out the window from that little tent.  When Faith rounded the corner of the apartment building, she looked shocked to see me calmly lying on the window ledge.  From that day forward, I would take my spot on the ledge and watch the world go by.  Back then I had a great view of the pool; now I get to look out on to the active area where three streets intersect at an odd angle.  Watching all the movement keeps my mind active, which helps me deal with being alone while Faith is at work in the city.

Recently, I got something even better to break up my day: Dog Walkers!  Last week George and Lesley started taking turns visiting me in the middle of the day and walking me around the 'hood for a while.  It's great to be able to get outside and explore while it's still sunny out.  The great thing is that Faith doesn't seem to realize what's going on, because she still walks me when she gets home! It's pretty cool to have friends that come over just to see me, so I'm keeping this new development to myself . . . for now.

1 comment: