Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rest in Peace, Pecola Vye

Pecola Vye 1.31.01 - 12.25.10
When we arrived in this new city, Faith moved us in with her friends, the Lenger Kangs.  Now, in this new home, there was also a dog named Pecola Vye.  I could see that Faith had a previous relationship with this dog, and sometimes I felt threatened with this whole new set up.

I felt compelled to growl and snap at this beagle from time to time.  In fact, I must have worried Faith a little, because I heard her talking with our trainer on the phone about how to stop this behavior.  Eventually, I settled in, and I even tried to get Pecole to play with me.

P-Dog was older than me, and she moved a little slower than I was used to.  I was confused when we went over to the Lenger Kang place after Christmas, and I couldn't find Pecola.  I smelled something strange in the bathroom as I hunted for her -- like she had been here recently but then the scent faded away.  When I looked up at my person, she said that Pecola was gone.  Faith has been pretty sad since this happened and has reminded me that she knew Pecola when she was just a puppy.  I try to go see the Lenger Kangs when I can; I know they really loved Pecola and miss her so.

Faith would like me to be at least a little sorry for my growliness, but what can I say?  I'm a dog.  I act like a dog.  I know Pecola understood that.

3 comments:

  1. My condolences to Ms. Pecola and the Lenger Kang crew. So sad :( She was a good dog and watches them from above, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete