Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January Slush


Madge in Sleet - drawn by George
Have you seen reports on the weather out here?  I am NOT a fan.  Sleet.  Rain.  Where are my amazing piles of snow that I can jump into on my walks?  I'll tell you where they are -- buried beneath sheaths of ice.

This morning, I jumped up on a mountain of snow only to quickly hear a crackling sound beneath my paws -- I stood waiting to see what would happen before the ice broke beneath me and I was plunged into a mixture of heavy snow and slush.

Later, when George came to walk me, I decided I would not have it.   Sure, I peed a little to make it seem like I would cooperate, but then I just stood there, putting on my best, "I am miserable," look while inching my way toward our building's front door.  Thankfully, George ushered me inside and we played, instead of him dragging me all around slushy, mushy, cold Sunnyside.

If I had any sense of the future, I'd be looking forward to the sunny days of Spring; instead, I'm cozy-ing up in our little apartment, happy enough to eat, sleep, and play indoor games.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little thing! It's so too bad Faith didn't move to Arizona! ;(

    ReplyDelete