Friday, January 14, 2011

Why the coat? WHY?

Why does she do it?  Someone tell me, why, oh why does my person insist on putting me inside clothes?  I mean she's made it clear that she does not like to dress me up.  I hear her telling our other people that she doesn't see me as a person -- she sees me as a dog. She wants me to be a dog and not considered her "baby." I'm not really sure what this is supposed to mean.  I know I'm a dog.  I'm proud to be a dog -- bark at guests when they ring the buzzer (I mean, what if they aren't welcomed guests after all?  It's my job!!), chase pigeons on the street, sniff other dogs' butts.  That's how I roll.

Regardless of her surety that I'm no baby, she still dresses me...and I hate it! It seems to bother her that I shiver so much this time of year. I admit the New York wind is much more biting than our predictable Colorado cold followed by some warming sun around noon.  Still, there's no call for wrapping me in faux fur. So, I just make sure I walk as slowly as possible and look pitiful until she takes it off of me.  Then, I shake and shake with happiness and start diving into the snow piles all around!  I shiver, yes, and I have a great time once I'm freed of the princess-looking-capey-thing.  Wooooohoooo!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and funny! thanks for bringing us to NY with you Madge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Madge...the coat looks so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete